Since 1997, umpires from across Canada gather every three years to discuss a variety of topics and participate in a series of workshops to learn and improve their umpiring skills.
To improve the knowledge and skills of all level of umpires by attending a series of enriching workshops that will contribute to each participants' development as officials but also contribute to their personal and professional development. The event attracts the best speakers from across the country and around the world to discuss topics designed for all softball officials including fast-pitch, orthodox and slo-pitch. Workshops and conferences are organized for umpires of all levels, from the rookie to the elite.
2016 - Vancouver, BC
2013 - Hamilton, ON
2010 - Regina, SK
2007 - Quebec City, QC
2005 - Calgary, AB
2003 - Kitchener/Waterloo, ON
2001 - Fredericton, NB
1999 - Richmond, BC
1997 - Toronto, ON
What We've Achieved Since 1997 ...
- Educate officials at all levels to pursue their goals in officiating.
- Montreal 2019 - will be the 10th edition of the Blue Convention.
- Vancouver 2016 - over 200 participants joined the conference and 7 different countries were represented.
- This conference funds the Softball Canada Ed Bitz Scholarship for post-secondary studies. Since 2003, we have helped 20 umpires pursue their post-secondary studies with this scholarship.
- This conference also helps fund the development of softball in the hosting province of the convention for years to come.